The 21st century is referred as the techno-digital era, and an efficient and fast internet connection has become the basic need of every human being. Fragile connection and sluggish speed can be costly and even frustrating.
So what we are supposed to do in order to increase and boost the internet speed? All you have to do is cling to this post and read on to increase your Internet speed. We will make you familiar with the four easy ways which will help you in boosting up your internet speed. With the help of good internet you can easily complete the process of Linksys Extender Setup which can help you to eliminate the no Wi-Fi spots or the dead spots.
Let’s dive in!
How to Increase and Boost the Internet Speed?
- Bound/ Limit Reserved Bandwidth
It is the fact that in today’s modern era, internet’s users are rising by leaps and bounds every day, the bandwidths get divided and it results in the crawling down of the existing Internet speed. On the other hand, there is some bandwidth limit as well that is continuously remain reserved on our system safely and securely. Well, this bandwidth is allocated to a system by default for a reliable system use. It embraces around 20-30% of Internet speed of the total speed by a network connection. So, here is a fabulous trick by which you can free this reserved bandwidth and increase the speed of your existing WiFi network. So, have a look on the internet booster technique to edit the limit ‘reserved bandwidth’.
- Hit the ‘Start’ button and type ‘msc’.
- After that, you will see a dialog box named ‘Local policy group editor’.
- Now, click on the folder ‘Administrative Template’ (left-side).
- Select the ‘Network’ After that, under the ‘settings’ section, click on the option ‘QoS Packet Schedule’.
- Double-click on the file name as ‘Limit Reserved Bandwidth’. Now, a dialog box will appear, showing ‘Not Configured’ option (default).
- After that, click on the ‘Enabled’ option and set the limit percentage from ‘20 to 0’.
- Once done, click ‘OK’.
Apart from this, you may attempt to hard reset your router and thereafter execute the “routerlogin” Soon after you are done with the steps, this will unallocated or free the ‘reserved bandwidth’. This will surely boost and increase Internet speed up to 20-30% without any ‘software’. There are many other factors that can decelerate the speed of your existing WiFi. These include out-of-date software such as antivirus and other running processes (background). What you have to do, open the ‘Task Manager’ by using the key Alt + Ctrl + Del (combo) in order to stop such processes. This will also help you in boosting of the existing internet speed and extender.linksys.com login.
- Managing Cache
Well, cache temporarily stores the internet data, which is used by web browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox to open any site in the much quicker way. This ‘cache’ automatically piles up to your existing home system. Essentially, caches are intended to accelerate your internet speed but sometimes it results in slowing down the speed once it exceeds ‘beyond the limited size’. Fortunately, you can clear browser cache in all major browsers, including ‘Opera’ and ‘Safari’. In order to know how to do so, pay a quick visit to our website extender.linksys.net or call our technical experts on toll-free number shared above.
- Using Device Manager
Well, the next way in our list of best ways to boost your Internet Speed is to make use of the ‘Device Manager’. So, consider following the steps below in order to get the job done successfully.
- ‘Right-click’ on the ‘My Computer’ folder on your desktop screen and select the ‘Properties’ option from the menu.
- After that, click on the ‘Device Manager’
- When a new window will arise you need to expand the ‘Ports’
- Now, ‘Double-click’ on the ‘Communications Port’ in order to continue.
- Click on the ‘Port Settings’ section and after that, you need to change ‘Bit Per Second’ to a maximum available option and ‘Flow Control’ to ‘Hardware’.
Finally, there you are! Simply save the mentioned process and restart your computer. Soon you are going to experience the high-speed of Internet. This will also help you in login and setting of your Linksys WiFi Range Extender Setup.
- Setting up Google DNS
It may interest you to know that on Windows computer, you can set up ‘Google DNS’ to speed up your internet connection. Here is the solution on ‘how to boost Internet speed with Google DNS’.
- First, launch ‘Control Panel’ > ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
- Second, click on the blue option ‘Change Adapter Settings’.
- Here a list of available networks will appear in front of you. Now, what you have to do just select the connected network and right-click on it and select the ‘Properties’
- After that, select the ‘Networking’ section and find the option “Internet Protocol Version 4” (TCP/IPv4) option. Once done, click the ‘Properties’ option (at the bottom side).
- Here, you have to select, ‘Use the Following DNS Server Addresses’ option. There you will require to fill the ‘Google DNS’ value ‘8.8.8’ or ‘126.96.36.199’. Once done, click OK.
- Also, you may check your extender’s settings and make them compatible. You can use Linksys wifi extender login for doing so.
You can now restart your computer to enjoy the increased and boosted internet speed. Trust us all these above-mentioned methods will definitely help you. So, let us know on the toll-free number that which method will you use and apply.